Free Visio Infrastructure Automation Workshop – Dublin – 16th June
In our free half day workshop we’ll be covering how to quickly map and maintain the understanding of data centre and technical
infrastructure. This seminar will focus on Visio techniques and best practice for documenting critical data centre infrastructure, complex networks and ITIL service/application mapping. We will cover the following areas
– Automating Visio infrastructure diagrams from inventory/connectivity datasets & CMDBs
– Mapping techniques for applications, racks, cabling, servers, networks, floor plans, etc.
– Creating “drill down” diagrams to simplify larger infrastructure
– Visualising CMDBs for change/risk impact analysis and CMDB administration
– Visio tips and tricks to reduce diagram maintenance and improve accuracy
– Reducing duplication of projects and operations documentation
The seminar will be interactive and informal with the presenters willing to help with delegate questions and cover areas.
David Cuthbertson, Square Mile Systems
One of the AssetGen founders, David will cover various Visio features and techniques, showing how inventory, connectivity, and CMDB dependency mapping can be linked to Visio automation. Other automation issues he’ll address include achieving consistency across multiple diagrams, web publishing and implementation in legacy and new infrastructures.
Vincent Byrne, Vincent Byrne Consulting
Vincent specialises in data centre design and operations for a range of customers across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Vincent is an acting data centre specialist adviser to over 40 government bodies and many of the largest data centres owners in Ireland and abroad. He’ll cover the operations documentation and processes needed for data centre management.
Venue and Registration Details
Bewleys Hotel, Merrion Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Start Time: 08:30 for 09:00 start
There is no cost to attend, but places are limited to 30 delegates, you will need to register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Bob Sugrue on +353 868 048048. Joining instructions will be sent a week before the event.