Infrastructure Configuration Management
Square Mile has extensive experience in:
- infrastructure documentation techniques including Visio automation
- assessment and analysis of existing processes, practices and infrastructure data integration
- implementation, project management and planning for AssetGen Connect and AssetGen SysMap
- efficient data capture methods and techniques (physical and service mapping)
Reducing the effort in maintaining infrastructure documentation benefits everyone and is a key aspect of infrastructure configuration management. With increasing complexity, use of virtualisation and changing business use, it makes sense to introduce an infrastructure knowledge system. Ensuring changes are predictable and understood by all is difficult at the best of times, but it is further complicated by multiple data sources with differing content and accuracy.
Improving the management of complex environments spread across multiple teams and locations is not easy if you create more spreadsheets, diagrams and documents, rather than reduce them! With Square Mile Systems toolsets and integration skills we can help achieve the following:
- Reduced numbers of spreadsheets and data sources to maintain
- Automated creation and maintenance of Visio network, archtitecture, rack and other diagrams
- Shared information between teams – projects, operations, service desk, monitoring
- Management reporting covering infrastructure capacity, changes, audit trails
- Common systems for managing data centres, cabling, networks, desktops, servers, storage etc.
Contact us at Square Mile to discuss your needs.