Workshops 25th and 27th April – Automating Visio Infrastructure Diagrams
In our free half day workshops at our Gloucestershire HQ (25th April) and central London (27th April) we’ll be presenting how to automate the maintenance of multiple infrastructure diagrams and spreadsheets. We’ll look at Visio automation techniques normally covered in our Visio Training courses, showing how automation reduces engineering workload, inconsistency and the numbers of documents to maintain. The end results are increased productivity of IT teams, faster delivery of projects, reduced costs of change and improved risk assessment. We’ll also cover how infrastructure configuration management techniques and CMDBs improve the quality and accuracy of infrastructure documentation.
Our case studies and examples will cover:
- Easily documenting network connectivity, including patching and cabling
- Using Visio as a dashboard for data centre power and space usage
- Integrating auto-discovery, monitoring and other data sources into a common system
- How CMDB data can be used to create Visio service and dependency diagrams
- How to show application dependencies and change risks in virtualised infrastructures
- Updating design, project and operational documents in one go
- Identifying single points of failure at all levels using reports and diagrams
- Getting the best of the free SMS Visio utilities for data centre and network diagrams
The workshop will be interactive and informal with the presenters willing to help with delegate questions.
If you want to know the easy ways to create and maintain IT infrastructure documentation then this event will give you ideas, options and a good awareness of what is possible.
Places are limited with registration via our contacts page.