Workshops 4th and 5th July – How To Document IT Infrastructure
In our free half day workshops at our Gloucestershire HQ (4th July) and the London offices of the British Computer Society (5th July) we’ll be presenting how to efficiently document and keep track of IT infrastructure, which may
consist of multiple technologies, locations and internal/external support teams. Many organisations would like more complete and accurate IT systems documentation, but cannot find a way around their current methods such as multiple isolated spreadsheets and diagrams. The solution could be as simple as adopting standard naming conventions, linking Visio diagrams to Excel, or maybe integrating data sources to remove duplication.
Our case studies and examples will cover:
- Easily document network connectivity, including patching and cabling
- Maintaining WAN/LAN/SAN diagrams across multiple locations
- Integrating auto-discovery, monitoring and other data sources into a common system
- How CMDB data can be re-used to create Visio service and dependency diagrams
- Automated updates of inventory, asset and connectivity spreadsheets
- Application dependencies and change risks in virtualised infrastructures
- Updating design, project and operational documents in one go
- Efficient ways to capture data covering inventory, applications, ITIL services
The workshop will be interactive and informal with the presenters willing to help with delegate questions.
If you want to know the easy ways to create and maintain IT infrastructure documentation then this event will give you ideas, options and a good awareness of what is possible.
Places are limited with registration via our contacts page.