Automating Visio Infrastructure Diagrams - Free Event 12-Oct-2011
In our free half day workshop on October 12th we’ll be covering how to produce and maintain multiple Visio infrastructure diagrams with minimal effort. We’ll demonstrate Visio automation features as well as techniques for creating diagrams from inventory and CMDB systems. With IT infrastructures becoming ever more complex, maintaining an up to date picture of IT systems becomes vital for troubleshooting, planning and risk management.
Our case studies and examples will cover:
- Linking Visio to spreadsheets and databases such as asset systems or CMDBs.
- Technical infrastructure examples – data centres, networks, servers, applications, power, ITIL services, floor plans, etc.
- Visualising risks and impacts of change in complex virtual environments.
- How to reduce the number of spreadsheets, diagrams and other data sources.
- Creating project build and operational diagrams from the same system.
- Automating the diagramming process across teams for consistent Visio diagrams.
- Using Visio as a status dashboard for risk, recovery, capacity, etc.
- Using Visio diagrams as a “portal” to other documentation systems and information.
- Maintaining consistency in multi-site enterprise environments.
The workshop will be interactive and informal with the presenters willing to help with delegate questions. If the answer to any of the following would benefit your organisation then please register to attend.
1. How do we easily maintain network diagrams for all buildings and the data centre(s)?
2. Are there any single points of failure for server connectivity?
3. How do I maintain rack diagrams, connectivity and hardware inventory without duplication?
4. How do we use the data in our ITIL CMDB (if we have one) to support infrastructure project change planning and operational risk management?
5. What options are there to validate and refresh diagrams without overloading engineers?
6. How can infrastructure configuration give us all of the above?
British Computer Society, London HQ
The event will be held at BCS London offices in Southampton Street, between the Strand and Covent Garden. A buffet lunch will be provided after the workshop.
Start Time: 9:00 for 9:30 start
Finish: 12:30 followed by buffet lunch
As places are limited to 40 people, you will need to register for this event:
- completing the web form below
- or email (email@example.com)
- or fax (0870 751 9268)
- or telephone Lindsay Bradfield (0870 950 4651)
- or download and send from using button below
Joining instructions will be sent a week before the event.
Please complete all fields to register for this event.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form