IT Infrastructure Documentation Made Easy – 23rd May in London
In our free half day workshop we’ll be covering how to automate the maintenance of multiple infrastructure diagrams and spreadsheets. We’ll cover Visio automation techniques normally covered in our Visio Training courses and show how automation can reduce the numbers of documents to maintain. The end results are increased productivity of IT teams, faster delivery of projects, reduced costs of change and improved risk assessment.
This workshop will focus on better ways of documenting critical data centre operational management systems including cabling, patching and power.
We’ll show you how to increase the quality and accuracy of infrastructure documentation by using best practices and leading edge toolsets.
Our case studies and examples will cover:
- Easily document network connectivity, including patching and cabling
- Show power topology to help understand capacity and single points of failure
- Maintaining LAN/SAN diagrams across multiple locations
- Using Visio as a dashboard for data centre power and space usage
- Integrating auto-discovery, monitoring and other data sources into a common system
- How CMDB data can be used to create Visio service and dependency diagrams
- Automated updates of inventory, asset and connectivity spreadsheets
- Overnight updates of Visio rack diagrams and data centre floor plans
- Technical and service impact analysis of network and power changes
- Application dependencies and change risks in virtualised infrastructures
- Updating design, project and operational documents in one go
- Identifying single points of failure at all levels using reports and diagrams
- Using Visio diagrams as a “portal” to other documentation systems and information.
- Efficient ways to capture data covering inventory, applications, ITIL services
The workshop will be interactive and informal with the presenters willing to help with delegate questions.
If you want to know the easy ways to create and maintain IT infrastructure documentation then this event will give you ideas, options and a good awareness of what is possible and practical.
British Computer Society, London HQ
The event will be held at BCS London offices in Southampton Street, between the Strand and Covent Garden. A buffet lunch will be provided after the workshop.
Start Time: 9:00 for 9:30 start
Finish: 12:30 followed by buffet lunch
As places are limited to 40 people, you will need to register for this event:
- completing the web form below
- or email (email@example.com)
- or fax (0870 751 9268)
- or telephone our office (0870 950 4651)
- or download and send using button below
Joining instructions will be sent a week before the event.
Please complete all fields to register for this event.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form