Floor tiles and creating drill down diagrams – SMS Utils v1.4
In our latest SMS Visio Utils V1.4 we’ve added “drill down” capability that links 10s or 100s of diagrams together – simply and easily! You can drill down from a floor plan to cabinets, from a campus to a building, a WAN to a LAN, a device to a chassis layout, etc. This is the Diagram Linker module – more details below.
For those who don’t like cutting, pasting and aligning floor tiles in equipment room layouts, then the DC Floor Tiles module will save you lots of time. You can also name them with the auto-numbering feature for XY grid references. Simple and quick.
Both modules can be used with manually created Visio diagrams as well as those created and updated by the AssetGen system.
Other modules of SMS Visio Utils – a free Visio addin – provide functionality such as Data Center Floor Layout, Diagram Organizer and Diagram Publishing.
Examples of such drill down hierarchies include:
- Cabinets on floor plans linking to cabinet (or rack) diagrams
- Rack diagrams linking to hardware build of chassis devices
- High level network diagrams to lower level detailed diagrams
- Service diagrams linking to detailed functional architectures
DC Floor Tiles
This module allows you to:
- turn one shape into a grid of columns and rows
- label selected shapes with a sequence of numbers or letters, possible layout options: left->right, right->left, top->bottom, bottom->top
- this can also be applied to ports on patch panels, carpet tiles, ventilation tiles and other grids or arrays of shapes